|Total Shots taken||350|
|Number of 5 star ratings (5* yield %)||21 (7.1 %)|
“Jaws” was filmed here. It’s the primo location to watch the sun set while visiting on Martha’s Vineyard. It’s where you watch them catch the fish, bring them in, then cook it up for you. Can’t get any fresher than that! Those are a few of the claims to fame for this small fishing village in the 300 year old town of Chilmark.
Well, the photographer in me could not resist the opportunity to try to capture some of the Menemsha character and beauty. Here are my 5* selections from this outing.
- Menemsha Fishing Statue – Greeting you at the end of the drive is this tribute to the fishing heritage of this 300+ year old town is the Whaler Statue.
- Menemsha Harbor Reflection– There are cottages at the pond’s edge and stately homes above the pond in the hillside. Catching their reflections on the water makes for a wonderful image
- Boat Reflections – Hard to tell the real thing form the image, but if you look closely, you will see the reflection of the flag in the water.
- Bait Shop – There are several of these along the harbor, but this one stood out because of the blue accessories – wonderful “pops” of color in an otherwise muted palette.
- Dockside [S]eating– Behind the fish markets, these wooden spools are used as both tables and seats to
- Going Home – This fisherman leaves the banks of the Menemsha Pond at the end of the day.
- Recreational Time – The setting sun lights up the water around this kyaker
- Setting Sun (2) – These three images are the reason why we ae here — fabulous!
Boats. Fishermen. Bait shops. Fish shop. Friends, family coming together for fun to watch the sunset. All combined to make wonderful viewing, become of a part of this 5* collage.